Updating the public website
Revision as of 20:24, 17 March 2008 by Lilylee
Programs you will need (both from a command line):
- rsync (a *nix utility that comes with Mac OS X and can be installed for cygwin)
- Browser (FireFox, IE, etc.)
- Build the doxygen documentation on your computer, making sure the warning file is empty at the end
- Open a command line terminal
- Assuming your ASL sources are stored at ~/opensource/, execute the following rsync command:
rsync -az --progress --stats ~/opensource/submission/adobe/documentation/html/ webprod.macromedia.com:/data/www/sites/stlab-staging.adobe.com/htdocs ; echo "rsync done."
- You may get some permission warnings for some directories like "." -- those are ok
- When the rsync is complete, open your browser and head to
- Note that you may have to log in with you LDAP information
- Once the page has loaded (it could take a while given the volume of pages in a directory) hit the "Check all push boxes" button at the top of the page.
- If you are uploading directories with content make sure the "Push all subdirectories of checked items" checkbox is checked as well.
- Hit the "Push and/or Delete!" button
- After about 10-15 minutes you should see the public web site updated.