Build and Debug Tips
Revision as of 16:12, 28 June 2007 by MatMarcus
- Debugging msvc-built command-line ASL test apps from the command line:
- To keep bjam from destroying test executables build with bjam --preserve-test-targets
- For adam_smoke under cygwin: "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/Common7/IDE/devenv.exe" /DebugExe bin/adobe/test/adam_smoke/adam_smoke_test.test/msvc-8.0/debug/asl-dev/link-static/threading-multi/adam_smoke_test.exe ./adobe/test/adam_smoke/rtd
- F10 (to stop on first line of main), or F5 to let it rip
- Towards natural display of any_regular and poly<> in msvc and xcode debuggers.
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Packages\Debugger\autoexp.dat can be extended, but not sure how useful it is. Perhaps http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8fwk67y3(vs.71).aspx would be more useful for some common types.
- Xcode has Debug > Variables View > Edit Summary Format and ~/Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/CustomDataViews/CustomDataViews.plist , but I haven't explored it much either.