Updating the public website
From Adobe Open Source Wiki
Revision as of 18:07, 27 June 2006 by FosterBrereton
Programs you will need (both from a command line):
- rsync (a *nix utility that comes with Mac OS X and can be installed for cygwin)
- ssh (PuTTY for Win32 works fine)
- Build the doxygen documentation on your computer, making sure the warning file is empty at the end
- Open a command line terminal (all commands take place in the terminal)
- Assuming your ASL sources are stored at ~/opensource/, execute the following rsync command:
rsync -az --progress ~/opensource/submission/adobe/documentation/html/ cmsprod.corp.adobe.com:/iwmnt/us/main/opensource/WORKAREA/default/ ; echo "rsync done."
- You may get some permission warnings for some directories like "." -- those are ok
- When the rsync is complete, ssh to cmsprod.corp.adobe.com with your LDAP username and password
- One-time setup: Create the "asl_deploy.sh" script in your home directory on cmsprod.corp.adobe.com (see script contents below) and run
chmod a+x asl_deploy.shso it can be executed. Make sure "USERNAME" in the script is replaced with your personal user name.
- Execute the "asl_deploy.sh" script. If you get any errors OTHER THAN notifications saying a file is the same/similar as one that already exists, the update will not complete.
- After about 10-15 minutes you should see the public web site updated.
#!/bin/bash rm /user/USERNAME/dummy.txt cd /iwmnt/us/main/opensource/WORKAREA/default find . -print > /user/USERNAME/dummy.txt chmod 644 /user/USERNAME/dummy.txt /usr/iw-home/local/AdobeUtil/Deploy/content-deploy --target=P --deploy-ID=opensource --file-list=/user/USERNAME/dummy.txt echo "done."